Guess who is Breaking the News with Wes Forsythe on http://www.liveparanormal.com?? Yes, I’m live every Friday night at 9 pm. Tune in for the latest paranormal news.
Super HUGE announcement. I’ll be dishing and discussing paranormal news and events with Wes Forsythe on Paranormal I-Con, Fridays at 9 pm EST on http://www.liveparanormal.com. I start tomorrow, October 10th, and will rotate weeks.
Tune in and find out the latest para news. Plus, we’re pretty chatty people. Never know what may come up. Who’s excited? This GAL!
I’m a Scarefest newbie attending the annual Horror/Paranormal Convention in Lexington, Kentucky, September 12-14 for the first time. It is the largest horror and paranormal conference in the South. The venue was amazing and convenient.
The Platinum Package was well worth it. I saw Jake Busey and Corey Feldman before it all started.
Crowds were small on Friday. I browsed the 200+ vendor booths, chatted up my favorite paranormal people, and made the following observations:
- Wes Forsythe is the hardest working radio broadcaster in the business. He’s also the most gracious and helpful.
- Live Paranormal’s Rob Szarek is drumming up interviews and business to expand the paranormal radio market.
- Dustin Pari really does believe in God. He walks the talk. He is Mr. Congeniality by being incredibly sweet and supportive.
- Amy Bruni and Adam Berry are the cutest non-couple coupled in the paranormal industry.
- Amy Allen is for real. I doubt her skeptics have ever heard her publically speak.
- John Zaffis is friendly at his booth, in his sessions, and at the elevators. Very professional and accessible. Visit him at his new museum. Worth the drive.
- Chris Lindberg and John E.L. Tenney are enjoying the Ghost Stalker ride, Coachman RV and all. Good for them!
- The Booth Brothers had the best movie prop: an antique Victorian camera complete with a beautifully crafted base. Their new film Dead Still premieres on SyFy on October 6th at 9 pm EST.
I spent Saturday shuttling from one session to another. Thankfully, I held a Platinum Pass, allowing me to by-pass most long lines.
By Sunday I was exhausted. I was unable to attend every session. That’s why I’ll be back next year. For more information visit the Official Scarefest Website, www.Scarefestcon.com.
Chip Coffey Is Not the Western Union for the Dead
The self-proclaimed “Southern, gay, Catholic, psychic,” Chip Coffey spoke before a lively audience at Scarefest 2014. His personal disclosure of the day: Aliens scare the shit out of him!
Coffey answered questions prior to his Gallery reading. At an early age, Chip could predict when and who was telephoning his house, describing himself as “an early form of caller ID.” He was in his early 40s when he discovered his mediumship abilities. Raised Catholic, Coffey loves the Catholic faith but not the Church stating, “Religion screws up so much.” He abides by two principles: 1) Do not intentionally harm yourself or others, including animals, and 2) Find what makes you happy. And Chip does. He is part comic, part medium. His stories are peppered with humor and swear words. Although he claims he drops the F-bomb most, he really prefers the word “bitch.” That’s how he rolls.
Chip helped redefined the paranormal. According to Chip, something is paranormal if 1) you don’t understand it, 2) you cannot explain it, and 3) you cannot deny it. Basically, if “the shit got real,” then it’s paranormal.
With a background in counseling, Chip considers himself a spiritual counselor, often providing life coaching in his readings. He believes in past lives. He does not do readings on himself or for people close to him. Although communication with animals is not his skill set, he does believe that animals have souls. He frequently auctions the scarf he wears at conferences with the proceeds going to an animal rights organization.
Chip controls the inter-dimensional communication by establishing parameters. He is not the Western Union for the dead. Chip unites people with the dead just on his terms.