I’m a Scarefest newbie attending the annual Horror/Paranormal Convention in Lexington, Kentucky, September 12-14 for the first time. It is the largest horror and paranormal conference in the South. The venue was amazing and convenient.
The Platinum Package was well worth it. I saw Jake Busey and Corey Feldman before it all started.
Crowds were small on Friday. I browsed the 200+ vendor booths, chatted up my favorite paranormal people, and made the following observations:
- Wes Forsythe is the hardest working radio broadcaster in the business. He’s also the most gracious and helpful.
- Live Paranormal’s Rob Szarek is drumming up interviews and business to expand the paranormal radio market.
- Dustin Pari really does believe in God. He walks the talk. He is Mr. Congeniality by being incredibly sweet and supportive.
- Amy Bruni and Adam Berry are the cutest non-couple coupled in the paranormal industry.
- Amy Allen is for real. I doubt her skeptics have ever heard her publically speak.
- John Zaffis is friendly at his booth, in his sessions, and at the elevators. Very professional and accessible. Visit him at his new museum. Worth the drive.
- Chris Lindberg and John E.L. Tenney are enjoying the Ghost Stalker ride, Coachman RV and all. Good for them!
- The Booth Brothers had the best movie prop: an antique Victorian camera complete with a beautifully crafted base. Their new film Dead Still premieres on SyFy on October 6th at 9 pm EST.
I spent Saturday shuttling from one session to another. Thankfully, I held a Platinum Pass, allowing me to by-pass most long lines.
By Sunday I was exhausted. I was unable to attend every session. That’s why I’ll be back next year. For more information visit the Official Scarefest Website, www.Scarefestcon.com.