Top 5 Teen Halloween Flicks
Teenagers are ripe for the picking in horror movies. Here are 5 Top 5 Halloween Flicks Featuring Teenagers. Note: Other teen-inspired films not appearing on this list may appear on another listing. Stay tuned!
- Carrie (1976). Stephen King’s Carrie captures the angst of high school. Add a Pentecostal controlling mother and supernatural powers, and you have one seriously dangerous female. Makes your high school prom pale in comparison. View the original. Outstanding performances by actors who would go on and highly successful careers.
- The Craft (1996). Teenage girls using witchcraft rarely goes awry. The new girl transfers to a Catholic high school and is befriended by three girls who are obsessed with the occult. The filmmakers attempted to persuade the Motion Picture Rating (MPAA) to give the film a PG-13 rating. Efforts failed since the movie dealt with underage girls practicing sorcery.
- The Faculty (1998). Students suspect the faculty of the high school are aliens. Yeah, that’s all I’ve got. Still worth watching. Was rushed into production after the success of Scream (1996).
- Fun Size (2012). This movie isn’t a horror film, merely a film that takes place on Halloween night. Wren ditches her Halloween plans in order to locate her little brother who ran off in a crowd of trick-or-treaters. She enlists the help of her friends and set off on a funny adventure.
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). The dead janitor Freddy Krueger haunts the dreams of teenagers in Wes Craven’s masterpiece. Filmed on the low budget of $1.8 million, this film grossed over $25 million in the US alone and generate numerous less-worthy sequels.
You must be logged in to post a comment.