Coraline, Corpse Bride, Hotel Transylvania, The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, The Nightmare Before Christmas
October 17th: Top 5 Animated Films for Halloween
These are some of the best animated films with creepy themes to watch with the family for Halloween.
- Coraline (2009): Sinister secrets lurk behind a door in the old house Coraline and her parents move into. In a parallel universe, Coraline finds she really didn’t want what she wished for.
- The Corpse Bride (2005): Victor Van Dort practices his impeding wedding proposal and awakes the corpse bride, who thinks she is actually married to Victor. Another Tim Burton classic.
- The Curse of the Were-Rabbit (2005): Stop-action Claymation film from the creators of Wallace and Gromit see the duo investigating the sabotage of the village’s annual vegetable contest. It’s clever, sophisticated, and full of humor.
- Hotel Transylvania (2012): Dracula runs a luxury resort for monster families. When a human boy discovers the hotel, Dracula tries to disguise him from the other monsters and his daughter. The third installment of this franchise opened this past summer earning over $425 million dollars worldwide.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993): The pumpkin king of Halloween Town, Jack Skellington, is bored and sets off on an adventure to stumble across Christmas Town. Tim Burton’s stop-action animated film became an instant Halloween classic. It boasts an fantastic soundtrack, as well.
You must be logged in to post a comment.